Children’s Orthodontic Specialist
Orthodontists located in Fredericksburg, Manassas and Woodbridge, VA
A perfect smile starts at a young age with professional orthodontic care. At Glow Orthodontics, Dr. Navin Hukmani helps children who have bite, spacing, or other issues that need expert correction. To get your child on the path toward a healthy smile, make an appointment at the Fredericksburg, Manassas and Woodbridge, VA location. Call to schedule an appointment today.
Children’s Orthodontics Q & A
Does my child need orthodontic care?
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should first visit the orthodontist around age seven. Some children may need orthodontic care sooner, however, especially if they have tooth and jaw problems that may create future complications with age.
Your child may need to see an orthodontist if any of the following signs are present:
- Baby teeth were lost early or late
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Clicking or popping noises when opening or closing the mouth
- Crowding or spacing issues around age seven or eight
- Mouth breathing
If you’re not sure whether or not your child needs orthodontic care, contact Dr. Navin Hukmani at Glow Orthodontics today for a consultation.
What are common children’s orthodontic procedures?
Each child’s orthodontic care is different, and Dr. Navin Hukmani can design a treatment plan that accomplishes the necessary goals in the least amount of time.
- Palatal expander: helps to expand the roof of the mouth so adult teeth grow in properly
- Braces: address bite, crowding, and spacing issues
- Separators: small inserts that are positioned between teeth to create more room for dental work or procedures
- Extractions: recommendations for removal of impacted baby teeth.
Dr. Navin Hukmani’s focus is to take the right steps in the right order, so your child has the best possible outcomes and the healthiest smile.
What are the benefits of children’s orthodontics?
Early treatment is the best course of action when it comes to your child’s dental health. At Glow Orthodontics, Dr. Navin Hukmani and his team can:
- Monitor the healthy growth and development of the teeth, jaw, and gums
- Fix problems that have to do with the upper or lower arches
- Create more space when there are crowding issues
- Correct problems related to thumb sucking or speech patterns
With early orthodontic care, you can also prevent the need for permanent tooth extractions later in your child’s life. As your child’s oral health improves, you can be confident that they will grow their best possible adult smile.
To learn more about children’s orthodontic services at Glow Orthodontics, schedule a consultation with Dr. Navin Hukmani today. To get started, call to schedule an appointment today.